Gear Gear and more Gear!
You don’t take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams
For all you camera equipment enthusiast out there. Here is a list of all the photography equipment and tools that I use for my shoots. Understand that equipment changes from year to year. I am not a proponent to update my cameras every time a new version of my camera that comes out. So the question one may ask is how often do you change the camera. The short answer is every 3-4 generations unless it breaks. Without further ado, here is the list.
- Main Camera: Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only)
- Backup Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital SLR Camera Body
- Travel Camera: Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) – Black
- If all else fails camera: Apple iPhone 8, 64GB, Space Gray – Fully Unlocked (Renewed)
Lenses: ( Note: The lenses I use are professional-grade lenses, so I’ve included the consumer level equivalent lenses as well )
- Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras ( Consumer Version >>> Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens )
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens ( Consumer Version >>>: here: )
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens – 2750B002
- Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens ( Discontinued )
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens, White – 3044C002
Specialty Lenses: I will bring these to my wedding, fashion and beauty photoshoots.
Flashes and Studio Lighting Equipment
- Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
- LumoPro LP180s ( Discontinued ) – I have been using these inexpensive flashes since 2015. They are rock solid and are still performing to this day so I haven’t needed to upgrade.
- Profoto B2 250 AirTTL Location Kit with B2 250 AirTTL Power Pack, 2X B2 Head, 2X Li-Ion Battery, Carrying Bag, Location Bag, Battery Charger – Bundle Air Remote TTL-C Transmitter (Canon)
- Manfrotto 1004BAC 144-Inch Air Cushioned Aluminum Master Light Stand with 4 Sections and 3 Risers, 3-Pack (Black)
Gear and Travel Bags
- Think Tank Photo Logistics Manager 30 – Rolling Gear Case
- Think Tank Photo Airport International V3.0 Carry On (Black)
- Think Tank Photo Streetwalker Pro V2.0 Backpack (Black) – Great if you need to carry and laptop along with you.
- Think Tank Photo Streetwalker V2.0 Backpack (Black) – Slightly small than the Pro version without the laptop pocket. I use this for smaller event photography jobs.
Computer and Software
- Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB | 1 Year Subscription (Mac Download)
- Apple 15.4in MacBook Pro Laptop (Retina, Touch Bar, 2.6GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) Space Gray (MR942LL/A) (2018 Model)
- Capture One 11 Photo Editing Software | Single User, 3 seats | Mac [Download] – I use this for editorial, fashion, lookbook photoshoots for tethered capture. Superfast tethered capture.
Miscellaneous Quality of Life Gear and Equipment that just make things easier.
- BLACKRAPID Classic Retro (RS4) Camera Strap
- Eneloop 70-ZP2A-6D26 AAA 4th Generation NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable 2100 Cycles Battery with Holder Pack of 8
- PocketWizard FlexTT6 for Canon cameras Radio Trigger to trigger off-camera flash (TTL or manual)
- PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver Black
- Pro Gaffer Gaffers Tape, 2 in x 55 yd, Black
- Assorted clamps